Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Golf


This leg of the trip was another long one. We left Condon on such a high, and started on a very windy ride to The Dalles. We were riding the bikes through crazy wind farms with hundreds of massive windmills and long straightaways. This is where we all had a little fun pushing our bikes to top speeds. I'm not too sure how fast we all ended up going, but Mike said he was at 95. My speedo showed otherwise, but he also said I blew by him and he was going 85. Again- my speedo didn't show I was going that fast....

Anyhow- not a ton of photos taken on this leg, as it was a haul and we just wanted to get to the next stop. Once we started approaching I-84, we actually headed down an amazing stretch of road cutting through a canyon and towards the Columbia River. As we came down, we saw tons of smoke and were right on the east side of a pretty crazy wildfire.

From here, we jumped on the freeway for a strech and pulled into The Dalles for fuel and rest.

No comments: